I am following K-line's Top Five Series (based on Gillian's Top 5 of 2012 Series). So, I did not have a productive year so far in 2012 - I was definitely overloaded at work! But, I did make a few items I particularly like very much:
The Top 5 of 2012 series is (thanks again K-Line and Gillian):
- Top 5 Favourite Creations (most worn, or most loved) - I can do this one
- Top 5 Sewing Fails (UFOs, worn once, or complete disasters) - I only have two -three fails I can think of
- Top 5 Lessons Learned (either practical tricks and techniques, or life lessons) Ok, I may only have three
- Top 5 Blogs and Bloggers that Inspire - Easy! So many bloggers
- Top 5 Goals for the New Year - Five seems like a manageable goal
So, with little fanfare - here is my top five favorite creations:
1. Modern Beach Quilt - I can't believe I actually made this - and am abundantly proud - and use it almost every evening.
Simplicity 1806 in Japanese Linen Fabric - I've already worn this at least two dozen times during this year - simple - hides extra pounds (I've since lost these added pounds) - Nothing not to like:
Red Jstern Jeans- Super comfy - probably a little big because of the stretch fabric. I wore a hole in the seam (back center seam) - and didn't wear for a few months - but now they are back in regular rotation.
Gertie's Portrait Blouse - I tried it in a woven and it didn't work. This was my first pattern out of Gertie's book - but once I tried the knit fabric - success - I made two - have worn them both a dozen times since October and have plans for more!
Easy Cowl in Any Gauge and Cable Scarves. I learned to knit - and it's been so much fun and very portable for the trips I take! I like both these garments equally. I've made five cable scarves as gifts and really like this Easy Cowl in Any Gauge. So much fun and more to come!