Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fetching Fingerless Mitts -- A Tule Fog companion.

Dear readers,

While I procrastinated on the buttons to my Funky Grandpa sweater,  I started an easy but gorgeous fingerless mitts patterns.  Why fingerless mitts?  Well,  I've given all my mitts as gifts - with the exception of one snug pair.
I finished the pair above on the flight to and from DC from LAX (holding a Kalapawai Market Coffee Cup, Kailua, HI).
 Here are the mitts above (with the cowl behind them).  The pattern is Fetching.
Here was my initial cowl -- which I still love and have not blocked.  I have worn it a dozen times at least.
The yarn I used was Fyberspates Scrumptious Aran in Moss.  It is a silky alpaca, wonderful and I love it.  One pattern note is that I recommend binding off with a smaller ribbing on the needle.  My are a bit loose at the fingers (and I took out the design originally with the pattern as far as the little ribs on the bind off).

I'm meeting with some of the LA Sewing Bloggers for a meet up next Saturday -- so I'm pretty excited!  I'm still trying to get my sew-jo on!

XOXO,

Pammie

3 comments:

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Gorgeous! Have fun at your meet-up - my sew-jo is GONE! But I'm getting my knitting on....

Pam said...

I'm hooping my sew-jo revives itself. My is GONE! I can't wait to see your fantastic knitting projects. I can see how knitting is very relaxing -- you can do it watching TV, etc. etc.

Pam said...

BTW, I keep going back to this post to see if it works, 5 tips for getting into your sewing groove:
http://www.adventuresindressmaking.com/2014/05/5-tips-for-getting-into-your-sewing.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AdventuresinDressmaking+%28Adventures+in+Dressmaking%29