I guess everyone is preparing for the New Year - I've still had trouble finding time for sewing. I changed my rating on Pattern Review to Intermediate, one step up from Advanced Beginner. I'm now doubting that. I've joined the Burda Pants Sew-Along from The Cupcake Goddess. However, it has been an uphill slope:
First, what have I signed up for?
Second, I finally used highlighter to mark the pieces, but realized there is a pattern piece number 2 black, number 2 yellow, number 2 green. Oops. Mine are pieces 1 - 5 black. I then used a black sharpie (not the recommended method to show the correct pieces).
This is a tall pattern, hurray! Perfect, seemingly, for me. And I plan to trace it out - any tips from anyone? I've never cut out a Burda. According to the sew along - we're using 1" seam allowances generally and 5/8 SA for the crotch seam. . . again, any tips are appreciated. . .
Finally, I'm finishing up my second Vogue dress and I wanted to post what I did to alter the pattern for the lower bust (on princess seams). On my initial muslin - it appeared the bust point was too high by just over an inch.
I used the method from FFRP (Fit for Real People) - and it worked liked a charm. Initially I tried to "cheat" and lengthen the shoulder seam (not good). The FFRP method resulted in an accurate and precise bustline on the princess seamed bodice.
Here I cut out and moved down the bodice point. I lowered it the corresponding distance (just over 1") and drew in the new seamlines.
Accordingly, I did the same below on the corresponding piece.
What I don't show is that I actually had to alter the horizontal bustpoint to give more room from bust point to bust point. I was wider by 2". I don't have pictures to show that adjustment however, but I did so by adding to the center princess seam pieces and subtracting from the side center seam pieces.
I hope to post the dress before this Holiday is over!! But with the way things are going I give that prediction a 50/50...