While on a quilting break - I returned to my regularly scheduled program of making clothes, in this case some panties. I enclose the picture for muslin purposes only. I cut out a medium - using a jersey knit for a muslin. Result: Ridiculously too big.
Please ignore the awful execution - I sewed them for muslin purposes only to check sizing. I made them using Kwik Sew 3881, the hipster version (middle of the column on the right). Horrible on my hips - so I'm headed back to the drawing board for alterations. I will also check the stretch content. Perhaps my jersey had a bit too much stretch (I believe this pattern calls for 25% stretch). I cut the M but seemingly a S or XS may be appropriate. On positive note - these go together really fast.
If I ever get these right perhaps I'll post my trials and tribulations with each methodology.
If anyone wants to recommend supplies - I'm all ears. I'm merely using plush elastic from my local fabric store.