Friday, January 1, 2010

New Sewing Tool to start the New Year

Well, now that I'm over the shock of 2010.  Let's talk sewing.

Well, I really cleaned up for Christmas, in some ways.  I did get a black pair of skinny Hudson jeans.  I actually have to exchange them for a size down!  (I'm on WW).   But, more importantly I got an Oliso TG 1600 iron - the Mercedes of Sewing Irons from my parents!


The inventor (a San Francisco company) made it with his sewing mom in mind!  It has an extra long cord and a 20 minute shutoff (perfect!).   It also has a safety council award from 2008.   It's so complex I don't know if I know all the features but I do like it so far.   We have dogs - so my classic with no shutoff is a bad idea.

I know Hamilton Beach now has some similar irons (but my parents bought this one!).  I could have probably bought a cheaper serger with a few more bones - but I really love this iron.  Hurray.  What luxury! I'll do a review on PR when I find out more how it really works!

1 comment:

Eugenia said...

What a great gift from your parents. It looks amazing - I think that I definitely need one of these!! I hope that you have a wonderful New Year, Pammie.