I've almost finished Vogue 8667 version 2. The dress is pictured below - it needs some finishing - which I will do upon my return from a trip east later this week:
First, I must thank (profusely) Eugenia from Eugenia's (Fabulous) World of Fashion, who gave me the idea of the two tone ensemble when my fabric selection for the bodice was insufficient in terms of amount of material.
She constructed the same dress in this method and its a knock out.
I have also constructed two deconstructed flowers to attach to the dress - in the shoulder/bodice area, I think. .
I will model the dress next weekend - however, I did two processes I may not choose to do again on this dress. First, I lined the dress with cotton voile - I think that affected the fit a bit - although it's a great fit so far - it actually felt better without the lining (I'll explain that in the next post).
Second, I added pockets and looking at the silhouette I believe this changed the lines of the skirt.
By the way, if you don't know - Auburn is playing in the BCS National Championship in Arizona (I'm on a last minute trip and missing the game). However, as sewing inspriration - I'd like to give a shout out to Sister at
Living La VIda Loca! - who has sewn, and perfected, the perfect Kwik Sew polar fleece jacket. War Eagle!!