Sunday, March 6, 2011

Victory! In other words, user error.

Dear Readers,

Hurray!  I figured out what I was doing wrong with the threading - user error.

 I used the wrong needles (I was told that the serger could use "any" sewing machine needle.  Well, I checked the manual and it clearly specifies the needle system number (130/705 H household) and range of size of needles (70 - 90) - I was using jeans and topstitching needles...oops.  Also, I was using cotton thread - the manual specifies the types of thread (polyester, synthetic, darning, wooly nylon) and thread size - and cotton is not mentioned. . . so back to cheap serger thread that works perfectly!

During my sewing downtime, I was lusting after some Hotpatterns - please see below . . . I'd love to make a sharp jacket and jeans slacks. . .

I don't mind this satchel, either:




Pretty sharp - don't you think.  I've got a tons of projects waiting - my next two - I need some quick and easy fixes. . . 

Thanks for hanging in there with me . . . 





1 comment:

  1. Ooh, glad you figured that out. I love that jacket - can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete