Friday, December 16, 2011

Finally - Review Colette Violet #1015

Dear readers,

I apologize for the delay in blogging - I've had some family medical problems, coupled with an extremely busy work schedule involving five weeks of travel this fall!  Again, no excuses -  I finished this blouse early November, and I am just now getting around to blogging it.

Here is the creation, I darkened the hue to magnify the colors. . .

 First, I used my sloper to modify the pattern - which is very well executed.  The pattern directions are a dream.  The collar method was a bit different than I've used before for peter pan collars.  I made a mistake.

Yep.  As you can see below - the shirt contains no dart at the bustline.  My sloper is based on a princess seam.  I rotated the dart and added length at the bottom; unfortunately I measured incorrectly and the front was 1" shorter or more than the back.  So I took out the dart, leading to the blousey front as you see below!

Other than this - a wonderful pattern.  I must have been tired when I cut this.  I used Japanese linen blend fabric, and I will post a review on Pattern Review.

By the way, I went out to make some Home Dec. (yuck!) projects and found that holiday fabric was extremely scarce - I must have missed the rush!

Hope all is well and I hope to sew quite a bit more over the Holidays.  I have bought some amazing fabric on my travels and online and I'll tell you all about it!  In the meantime, I've been amazed by all of your creations!

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Judith said...

Love the fabric in this shirt - most unusual!!! Just discovered your blog so off now to have a poke around. As for the holiday fabric I too missed the early rush - not a great deal of Xmassy prints left at all. Well, we know for next year...

Pam said...

Thanks so much! I'm hoping to get back to blogging quite a bit more in the next month or two - I've been slacking with the posts!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh, I love this shirt - I wouldn't have noticed the front was short if you didn't mention it. Beautiful fabric too!

Pam said...

Thanks! It is slightly short but I love the collar and in the summer I think it will go well with shorts!