Friday, December 21, 2012

Four Days until Christmas - More Cable Scarves

Dear readers,

Another post for us on almost the fourth day before Christmas.  My scarfaganza continued - I've made two more scarves (one is a present!).
This is from my instructor's Anne's (from my favorite knitting shop - Anacapa Fine Yarns) pattern for a cable scarf - amazingly simple; here is the link from Ravelry Reversible Cable Scarf Pattern.- it's not free  - it's 5.00 dollars US but totally worth it.
This time - another Misti Alpaca scarf (wrapped up) in Oscar Night Red and a simple blue scarf for me.
I love this pattern  -  it's my favorite so far.
Misti Alpaca (2 skeins) is recommended for this pattern and I concur with that assessment!  It's a wonderful bulky yarn to work on.
Next winter (not this winter) - I want to make up this pattern, Aran inspired "Fireside Sweater" by Amber Allison. (Sorry for the small size - but if you link - it will be much bigger!).
I'm planning a visit to Ireland (I hope) this summer to inspire me!

P.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Just love your knitting. My cousin use to own an Alpaca farm and she was always knitting up beautiful scarves and such, similar to you. They certainly have a beautiful feel to them - and make super pressies at this time of year. And Ireland for inspiration - lucky you!!!...J

Pam said...

I know - I've always wanted to go to Ireland. I've love to own an Alpaca farm - yes, I've been primarily sewing with it for my chunky projects - but dream of sewing (when I get a bit better) with cashmere and/or merino/silk. . . . Thanks for the kind words! Happy Holidays!

Soda Blog said...

Great readding