Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Pattern Purchases

Hello dear readers,

I've taken advantage of the 3.99 sale at Joann's for Vogue and even splurged on some Kwik Sew Patterns (and one Burda) . . . .

Onto the Vogues . .

The dress to your left, Vogue 1137 gets excellent reviews and the coat is wonderful too.  I might actually make this rather than the pattern sitting in my stash (as some Vintage patterns tend to do)!






Both the dresses above, the popular Vogue 1190 and 1192 are fantastic - I love the pattern on both although I don't have a date to make these - they are stash-bound for now - but I think I might make 1192 this fall!



Vogue 1197, above, is right down my alley - I am making this as soon as possible after my trip - I have some black jeggings that are screaming for a nice tunic but still casual wear.

Finally, Vogue 8675 - pictured below. . . I'm unsure of - I'd like to make a nice stretchy jacket (although the pattern does not call for such). . . it has no reviews so it may be a bit iffy - we'll see!




I'm going to go sew now - but I'll be back later either to post a new creation, or to show my Kwik Sew splurges!

4 comments:

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Cool pattern - I would definitely wear that!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Well, I was referring to the Vogue vintage dress because I didn't see the rest of the post in my browser, but the rest are cool too. Now regarding Kwik Sew - I got the vest that just came out but haven't seen any reviews and I'm having trouble finding fabric - it recommends waterproof for the contrast - you didn't happen to get THAT pattern, did you?

Pam said...

Sister, no I didn't I got KS 2198 (the Sports vest for fishing or carrying items:)), KS3567 V neck serge pattern, and KS 3095 Unlined Jacket and KS 3621 Pull Over Top with Large Collar; I'm going to make the last two I think this week plus a Green pepper for J. No vest - although I do own the Green Pepper Vest for Polar Fleece - I'm making a jacket. I can't wait to see yours!! I must admit - I live next to Patagonia headquarters in Ventura off Main - so we really have enough of this stuff but I wanted to do some tailored stuff!!

Suzanne said...

i would totally steal your pattern collection ;-)