I've finished my first project of the year - unfortunately, it is a bit of a mess.
For your consideration, Green Pepper F875, the Oregon Trail Messenger Bag (now numbered #545).
I also made a mistake with the material: this pattern calls for heavy canvas or the like - I made it with a thick linen and minky lining:) So, it's a bit too squishy. I could and probably would have recommended facing it with a heavy-weight pellon interfacing - but believe me the construction calls for many layers - and sewing it would have been a challenge.
Here is the original pattern F875, the Oregon Trail Messenger Bag (now #545):
I also am dying to create a new pattern for a bicycle seat saddle bag! If you know of any please let me know.
P.S. Another resolution albeit materialistic: I am going to bite the bullet and trade in my workhorse serger for a babylock air threading serger at some point before the end of spring. It sometimes takes me up to three days to successfully thread my Bernette 334 (obviously user error) but it's driving me batty!