Monday, September 6, 2010

Progress on Macaron

Dear readers,
Yes! I've finally 90% done with the Macaron.
All I need to do is press and hem tomorrow!  
Here I am below lining up the skirt to the bodice. . .
Here, I actually took the time to line up 
and mark the straight lines so that the
waistline is seemingly straight. . . 


I am doing a quick lining.  Which means lining to the
neck and sleeve line.  So to reinforce the neckline and sleeves
I have not only used my lightweight interfacing but also
sewing in some silk ribbon I had bought "just in case" for this
project!  It has worked out wonderfully.  I also used the silk
ribbon to line invisible zipper to reinforce it.  

Of course, every project has its mistakes it seems.  Two of mine:  I couldn't figure out the lining!  For example, my last dress I lined easily - but now I remember that it has a back zipper - this dress has a side zipper.  I must have forgot how I did the lining on my other macaron!  


And, I made my usual error of cutting a hole in the lining by mistake, so I patched it on the inside with a good luck shamrock - it didn't alter the pattern, thankfully, and it does not show!  I have more to report when this is finished . . . . almost done!











Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished article!! You did nice interior work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to be nearing the finishing line and looking forward to your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you need to put a lucky shamrock in everything now - it's like your personal label.

    ReplyDelete