I've way behind in my posts. I've been taking a Novel Writing class, for the last 10 weeks. So, after some extensive writing -- I'm on a writing break -- this is week 2. So, back to blogging.
First, a fail. I used my Gertie's TNT Pattern -- the Portrait Blouse in Knit. However, I failed to cut my slippery fabric correctly and it turned out much too big. I'm still not sure whether to keep it. It's too big in the neckline.
So, here's what I've been up to:
(1) Multiple posts on the 1944 House Dress -- I'll post this week on the construction.
(2) I made a Macbook Air bag (yes a new laptop!!) Yeah, I love it! Post forthcoming. Super easy.
(4) I knitted a duplicate pair of handmittens sending mine to my Great Aunt Dottie Driscoll.
(5) I took a road trip up to the Seattle area stopping in Mt. Shasta, Portland, Seattle, the Olympic Peninsula, the Redwoods, Point Reyes Station and went fabric shopping at the Pendleton Outlet and Seattle Fabrics (for outdoor fabrics).
(6) I'm 90% done on a cotton shirt (a tailored shirt with collar).
(7) I'm 75% complete on a Pendleton vest inspired by the picture below.
(9) I've bagged up my projects into XL Ziplock bags from Lowe's so I have my fabric matched to projects.
(10) I bought a 200.00 sewing and serging table from a Craigslist posting and I reorg'd my sewing room! I can't believe I didn't have one before.
More to follow! I'll try to be much better in my posting!